In front of a packed group of Kent-based businesses at the Saloman’s Estate in Tunbridge Wells, Ansacom MD Claire Burroughs picked up the coveted ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award from host Anton Du Beke and awards Chair Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce CEO Jo James.
Ansacom is a telephone answering and outbound call marketing business that was established in 2001 and is based in Royal Tunbridge Wells.This Entrepreneur of the Year award, sponsored by Charles Stanley, was for ‘dynamic individuals who are running their own business and are able to demonstrate significant success and drive in growing their company.’
Claire was a popular choice, judging by the noise in the room when she was announced as the winner over fellow nominees Loch Associates (HR), Fox Marketing Associates and Sally Henderson Mentoring.
The judges awarded Claire the top prize thanks to her business leadership skills which has seen her grow the business consistently year on year, but with particular emphasis on her achievements in the last 12 months which included:
- Growth of the business of 36% in the last 12 months
- Setting up two new advisory boards to help guide and steer the business – one internally focussed, and one made up of clients which will drive forward and build on the existing service excellence of Ansacom
- Key appointments including the recruitment of a Sales and Business Development Manager
- Putting together a 25-year plan for the future of the business
- Reorganisation of the business to allow the most profitable part (Outbound Telemarketing) to flourish and setting up an alliance with another similar business in Sussex to enable it to grow further and cross-sell services to a wider audience
- Investing in Business Development including SEO and networking
- Developing personally as a leader thanks to Strategic Coaching
- Implementing an entrepreneurial time system
Claire said: “It is wonderful to win such an award which recognises the hard work and commitment not just of myself but of the whole team who share a combined ethos and vision for the future so that Ansacom can continue to grow and develop while always putting our customers first.”
Claire is a well-known local businesswomen and a great representative of the talent in Royal Tunbridge Wells and the wider South East area.